Monday, August 25, 2008

Summa' Time

Ok peeps. I figured I better post before an angry mob kicks down my door (aka Al. Just kidding :) This summer has been so crazy. We love having freedom so every opportunity that comes up to pick up and go somewhere we have done it. Sun Lakes in July, Alta Lake in August, and this weekend we are taking off to Idaho to go to Silverwood!!! Yay, we 'll never grow up.
What's new: Blake just got a calling to be a Deacons advisor and he is so excited. He was worried they'd stick him in primary with me. I'm getting eaten alive! Finally yesterday I threw caution to the wind and gave them candy to calm them down. My mom would be so proud! So BLAKE'S CAR ALMOST GOT STOLEN! People around here must think the grass is so much greener on the other side. Maybe I should take it as a compliment that they like our cars so much. Tuesday night Blake's car alarm went off. It never goes off. We thought it was weird so we slept with the window open after that. 2 nights later I woke up to a weird thumping noise. I looked out the window and some punk was trying to get in his car! So I grabbed a golf club and ran out side waving it like a mad-woman. The perp was quick, but I was quicker. I chased him down and pinned him to the ground with the club until authorities...... ok I'll stop now. I actually woke Blake up, and ran into the other room to call the cops. Then I cried like a baby. Not so tough, I know. The cops were helpful though, really nice guys. The next day we went to Puyallup and got the best after market alarm we could find. It has a lot more features, and Blake is excited about the remote start (but really, does he really think he's going to start up that "bumble bee" as my dad calls it at 5:3o in the morning? Let it warm up for 10 minutes?) Already our neighbors hate us. When we got the car home we decided we would test it out. We got it to set off, but couldn't turn it off. For 20 minutes the horn blared. Everyone was coming out of their condos to see what was going on. It was so embarrassing! It turned out that his factory alarm was going off, so the only way to turn it off was with his old remote. Who knew? We were at a BBQ Saturday and he was telling his buddy about all the features. It even chirps at you if you kick the wheel, then the remote pages you and tells you. So Blake said to go kick it. I went into the driveway and started kicking it. It wasn't working. I kicked harder. Finally I yelled "It's not working!" Then the guys wife said "That's because you're kicking MY car." Dang, I felt so dumb. They wouldn't let me hear the end of it. In my defense, both cars are silver. But her car was a Kia, not a Subaru. Let's just keep that between us.

4 comments:

Jessica F said...

Wow Tina! I couldn't help but laugh out loud several times during your story of this summer! You are such a good story teller! More amusing than giving the facts (which is what I usually do). I especially laughed hard at the end...that is hilarious! I am glad you got a good alarm. We have had a remote start before but it died on our jeep, and I was so mad..ugh. I wish I still had it:) Anyway, good to see you updated your blog!

The Feely Crew said...

Tina I'm so happy you updated your blog!!

Emily K. said...

What a funny story. I was rooting for you to beat the guy down with the golf club. How crazy married life has been for you two!! Glad you're having a great summer. Keep the updates coming.

Anonymous said...

he..hee..ho!! THat was so stinkin' hilarious. What an exciting life you live.