Saturday, June 7, 2008

The car saga...

It's no new news that the day we got back from our honeymoon we realized my car was stolen. It had been parked right in front of our new condo. There is no way to really explain the feeling of total violation. For the last 4 weeks we have been borrowing Blake's uncle's car. We had been talking all week about returning the car today so we don't abuse a favor. Our plan was to just make due with one car, I was going to drive Blake to work and he would get a ride home. Even though this plan would work, it was going to be a huge inconvenience. We were optimistic though. We were determined to hold true to our promises to not go into debt and a stolen car wasn't going to jeopardize that. So yesterday morning at 12AM I got a call from the Auburn police department. THEY FOUND MY CAR!!! They asked us to come pick it up and gave us directions. My car was found literally half a mile from our place. It had been abandoned at a townhouse complex. It had a note probably written by a tenant that said "Please don't park here, this is a reserved space." It had probably been sitting there for a few weeks and they just called it in. Nothing was wrong with it, besides the point it smells like someone got really sick in it (I am having it cleaned and detailed next week...YUK). It even still had half a tank of gas in it. My mom's theory is that the really did only drive it half a mile and they probably saw a better steal and swapped cars. No biggie, I call it the advantage of having an old car... no one wants it! When we got back home and went back to bed we were almost afraid to go back to sleep. We were worried we would wake up and realize it was only a dream. We were lucky, it really was back. Smelly and with a brand new bright red club, I am truly fortunate to have it back.

7 comments:

Emily K. said...

Hey, Tina, this is Emily Klein. Glad to find out you have entered the blogging world! Yay!! I am so glad that you have your car back. It's a pretty amazing story, actually. I bet it restores your faith a little, huh. Well, I will see ya at Softball sometime, and will be checking on your blog. Beautiful wedding pictures, by the way. What a gorgeous couple you make.

Emily K. said...

Hey, me again. By the way, our blog address is thekleinfam.blogspot.com

I already added you guys as a link on mine if that's okay.

Monique said...

Hey! It's me, Monique... I saw that you have a blog now! Sorry about your car...glad you got it back though! Beautiful pictures by the way. The wedding turned out wonderful. You looked gorgeous! I was out with your hubby and Jer and Ben last night while they were golfing. I wanted to come in and say hi, but my crazy kids were dirty and gross. Hope all is well! I'm gonna add you guys to our friend list on our blog. Our blog is www.kleinkin.org if you're interested. See you later!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys-

We had fun last month chillin'. Let us know when you want to come down to Portland. Rachael's a bloggin' pro now- check it out:
jasonbleazardfamily.blogspot.com

Jason & Rach

Anonymous said...

Dang girl you are so lucky. you feely's have the worst luck when it comes to getting things stollen. But for some reason the goods always come back to you.

Jessica F said...

Tina!!! How have you been? I am gonna be the obnoxious sis in law right now and tell you that we (your audience) want more posts and pictures of you guys!!! Whats new with the kinghorns?

K-talk to you later girl:)

Bridgette Nicole said...

Tina! It's Bridgette. I can't believe you guys have had so many problems with cars being stolen and almost stolen!! Holy cow! Haha! Really funny story! Hope you guys are enjoying married life! I miss you and your bro :) It was good seeing you this summer. Love ya girl!